Comprehensive Travel Insurance
While no one intends on cancelling planned trips, comprehensive travel insurance helps protect you and your travel investment. For this reason, The Portal and our ground operators require comprehensive travel insurance for the full costs of your trip booked through The Portal for each traveler.
You can purchase any travel insurance policy, however, our deep roots in the travel industry have led us to highly recommend Arch RoamRight. They offer a special policy called the Pro Plus that covers The Portal’s clients for air and land arrangements that include cancellation insurance and medical coverage with emergency evacuation. This plan has extensive coverage and offers optional upgrades.
The Pro Plus policy gives you a pre-existing conditions waiver if purchased within 21 days from initial trip deposit as long as you are fit, stable and able to travel at the time of purchasing your travel plans.
Cancel for Work Reasons (for employees) is automatically included when purchased within 21 days of making the initial trip deposit. This benefit covers up to 100% of non-refundable trip costs.
Be sure to purchase your comprehensive travel insurance within 21 days of your initial deposit.
We have our own travel insurance concierge with Arch RoamRight, Neil Halford. He will assist you with any questions about the insurance policy, coverage and will process your enrollment. Don’t worry, enrollment is simple and only takes a few moments of your time!
Neil Halford: 443-391-2831 | NHalford@archinsurance.com
We highly recommend calling him, but feel free to enroll directly online by clicking here: Arch RoamRight. Save this link and feel free to use it for any other travel plans outside of The Portal trips.
- Arch RoamRight Pro Plus Travel Insurance Overview
- Arch RoamRight Common Questions About Travel Insurance
Arch RoamRight Overview
What is Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance helps protect the financial costs you have paid into your trip as well as provides medical coverage for when you are traveling.
Traveling without insurance can be a bit of a gamble. If someone in your family gets sick or bad weather closes the airport for the day, you could lose any non-refundable deposits you’ve made for your trip. If you experience a medical emergency, you may need to be transferred to a better hospital. These situations happen more often than you’d think – and are costly when they do!
What Does Travel Insurance Cover?
While specific policies may vary, travel insurance generally covers:
- Money lost due to trip cancellations, interruptions, or delays that are caused by a covered reason
- Emergency medical care and evacuations in the event of unexpected illness or injury
Most plans also include a non-insurance component, often referred to as “Travel Assistance.” This is a 24/7 support team to call for help, to locate medical care, arrange transportation and more.
Anytime you buy insurance, you should understand its coverages and limitations before you buy. You can view details for each of Arch RoamRight’s policies, or contact our travel insurance experts who can answer any questions you may have.
Arch RoamRight also gives you up to 14 days to review your plan after you buy. Read about our money-back guarantee for more information.
How Does Travel Insurance Work?
Quoting and purchasing a travel insurance plan is easy, and at Arch RoamRight we have tried to make the claims process simple and clear.
Follow these steps to quote and purchase insurance, as well as file a claim under your Arch RoamRight travel insurance plan:
- Place your first non-refundable trip deposit with your travel provider (airline, hotel, travel agent, etc.)
- Obtain a travel insurance quote online and purchase within 21 days after your initial deposit so that you can take advantage of important, time-sensitive pre-trip benefits. Make sure you read your policy details before you purchase to understand your coverage, benefit limits, and time triggers.
- If you place additional deposits on your trip after you purchase your travel insurance, you can give us a call to increase your insured trip cost.
- If you must cancel your trip for a covered reason prior to your trip (or if you purchased Cancel for Any Reason and need to cancel), or if you have a claimable event while on your trip, you can file a claim online by visiting our online claims site.
When Should You Buy Travel Insurance?
For the greatest protection, you should buy travel insurance as soon after you book your trip as possible. Most travel insurance providers, including Arch RoamRight, offer extra benefits if purchased within a certain time frame. For example, if you buy your Arch RoamRight travel insurance within 21 days of making your initial trip deposit, you’ll qualify to have the pre-existing medical conditions exclusion waived, as well as the possible opportunity to upgrade to Cancel For Any Reason coverage.